A prescription ‘MOT’ is your chance to have a private, face-to-face conversation with our pharmacist about your prescription medicines.
By the end of your ‘MOT’ you’ll:
- Know more about your medicines and what they do
- Understand the best way to use your medicines
- Feel confident your medicines are now working to benefit your health
This will usually take us around 10 minutes, but we know everyone has different needs so we don’t mind if it takes a little longer.
** Please note - We will endeavour to carry out this service by telephone / video call (where possible) during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure safety and access to the service. **
Is your health worth 10 minutes?
That’s how long our free Prescription ‘MOT’ takes and it could make a real difference to you.
Recent studies have shown that half of us may not be taking our prescribed medicines properly and could be putting our own health at risk without even realising it.
There are some signs to look out for that can tell you if you need a Prescription ‘MOT’. Do any of these sound familiar?
- You don’t know what your medicines do
- You’re not sure why you are taking your medicine
- You find it difficult to take your medicine
- You forget to take your medicine
- Your symptoms are not under control
- You are experiencing side effects
But, there are also things that you may not notice or not even know you’re doing wrong. For example, you may be taking your medicine regularly, but not at the right time of the day. Little things like this can actually change how well some types of medicines work.
Who can have a prescription ‘MOT’?
You can have a Prescription ‘MOT’ if you’ve been getting more than four prescribed medicines regularly.Back